Find Your Program
Greenhouse Operations Careers
Make your career blossom with a Greenhouse Operations associate degree! If you’re passionate about plants, sustainability and making the world a more beautiful place, this program is for you. Greenhouse Operations offers a huge range of career paths, including floral design, greenhouse management, nursery production, landscape management and more. Learn to grow and nurture plants hands-on in our greenhouses and landscapes to provide strong roots for your career.
- Customize your education by choosing a concentration: Greenhouse Operations, which focuses on growing plants and greenhouse operations, or Landscaping, which focuses on landscape design and operations.
- Let nature be your classroom Care for plants with industry-standard equipment in the center’s greenhouses and practice floral design in state-of-the-art labs.
- Gain professional experience by joining Greenhouse Operations clubs: Alpha Beta Hortus (ABH) or Students of the American Institute of Floral Designers (SAIFD).
- Choose your perfect career path with your Greenhouse Operations degree. You have the potential to work in a greenhouse, garden center, nursery or landscape company as a manager, estimator, supervisor and more.
- Beautify our community with the skills you’ve learned by earning your Greenhouse Operations associate degree, because no matter what career path you choose, you’ll begin a rewarding career working with nature.
Recent Wisconsin job postings for this degree:
Garden Center Operator
Average Median Wage
Greenhouse Operations Programs
This program prepares individuals to enter the diverse field of horticulture. There are two options. Option A (Greenhouse and Floral) includes training in floral design, flower shop management, garden center operation, and interior landscaping. Courses include hands-on experience with flowers, plants, horticulture equipment, computers, and horticulture business operations. Either option may be completed in two years of full-time study. Option B (Nursery and Landscaping) includes training in outdoor landscaping, grounds maintenance, nursery production, turf management, and greenhouse operation. Courses include hands-on experience in plant identification, insect disease control, bedding plant production, plant propagation, pruning, landscape design, and small engine repair.
|Greenhouse Operations||Part of a Career Pathway||Program Transfers||Offered completely online||Shared Program|
|Gateway||Greenhouse Operations at Gateway|