Find Your Program
Wisconsin Technical College Dementia Care Programs
The Dementia Care technical certificate is designed to meet the emerging and rapidly growing demand for service providers who work with older adults experiencing cognitive loss. It is ideal for people entering the job market or choosing to enhance their current careers in service delivery or leadership roles within the gerontology or other related fields.
You will gain relevant and emerging information related to dementia types, symptoms and progression. You will be provided with practical tools and strategies that promote effective communication, honor human dignity, and support the importance of advanced planning. You will examine ways to positively impact your community through advocacy, education and other cutting edge initiatives based on coursework and experiential learning activities.
- Dementia Care graduates will be able to:
- Analyze the physical, social, psychological, and spiritual aspects of aging throughout the lifespan
- Analyze the physical, social, psychological, and spiritual aspects of dementia
- Apply ethical and legal practice consistent with a gerontology professional
- Identify the role of the gerontology professional in the connection of service delivery
- Identify strategies to cultivate an age-friendly community
|Dementia Care||Pathway Certificate|
|Wisconsin Indianhead||Dementia Care at Wisconsin Indianhead|