Find Your Program
Wisconsin Technical College Clay Certificate Programs
The Clay Certificate will give students the opportunity to learn new skills or expand their existing skills in the areas of hand-building techniques, wheel throwing and materials and procedures, as well as the development of ideas, methods of critique, and running a contemporary clay studio. The NWTC Artisan Center on Cedar Street includes an inviting clay studio including a variety of pottery wheels, ample work space, and kilns. Students in the certificate will not need any prior training or art classes; however, courses should be taken in the order listed. Certificate Completers will be able to:
- Create coiled pots, pinched bowls, plates, and other distinct forms.
- Throw several forms, including a bowl, plate, and cup.
- Apply texture to a form while on the wheel.
- Throw a pitcher form, add or pull a spout and attach a handle.
- Recreate a simple form from a contemporary or historic wheel thrown vessel.
- Create lidded forms.
- Glaze work and produce a series of work from found materials and developed glazes.
|Clay Certificate||Pathway Certificate||Program Transfers||Offered completely online||Shared Certificate|
|Northeast||Clay Certificate at Northeast|