COVID-19 System Updates
[The Wisconsin Technical College System’s (WTCS) physical office is closed to the public, with the exception of mail and package deliveries. However, WTCS operations and service to the 16 technical colleges, partner agencies and the public continue as System staff work remotely.]
The WTCS Office in Madison, with guidance from the Wisconsin Department of Administration (DOA) Division of Personnel Management, has implemented a Short-Term Telecommuting (STT) Policy for all WTCS staff. System staff are now operating in a virtual format, doing regular business by phone and video conferencing.
A top priority for WTCS Education Directors and other staff is working through the logistics of postponing System Called Meetings, and other meetings and events, or shifting them to a virtual format.
WTCS is also working diligently with state and national partners to assess the legal and policy implications of colleges’ extended breaks and, in some cases, shifting instruction to an on-line format.
The WTCS Office is receiving information and following guidance from the Governor’s Office and:
- the Wisconsin Department of Health Services (DHS); and
- the U. S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
Additional information and guidance is available from key WTCS partners:
- Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction (DPI);
- Wisconsin Department of Workforce Development (DWD);
- Department of Administration (DOA) Division of Personnel Management;
- Wisconsin Department of Veterans Affairs (WDVA);
- Office of Open Government (DOJ);
- Public Service Commission (PSC), Internet Access Resources;
- University of Wisconsin (UW) System; and
- Wisconsin Association of Independent Colleges and Universities (WAICU); and
- U. S. Department of Education: