COVID-19 System Updates
The Wisconsin Technical College System (WTCS) Office is open to the public and WTCS operations and service to the 16 technical colleges, partner agencies and the public continues. As of March 1, 2022, per the Wisconsin Department of Administration (DOA), which operates the building in which the System Office is located, System staff and visitors to the WTCS office are no longer required to wear face coverings.
The WTCS Office, with guidance from DOA's Division of Personnel Management, has implemented a telecommuting policy for all WTCS staff. System staff are operating in a hybrid format, doing regular business in-person, by phone and through video conferencing.
The WTCS Office is receiving information and following guidance from the Governor’s Office and:
- the Wisconsin Department of Health Services (DHS); and
- the U. S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
Additional information and guidance is available from key WTCS partners:
- Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction (DPI);
- Wisconsin Department of Workforce Development (DWD);
- Department of Administration (DOA) Division of Personnel Management;
- Wisconsin Department of Veterans Affairs (WDVA);
- Office of Open Government (DOJ);
- Public Service Commission (PSC), Internet Access Resources;
- Wisconsin Association of Independent Colleges and Universities (WAICU); and
- the U. S. Department of Education.
Since Spring 2020, the colleges have consistently adapted operations to assure student success and a steady flow of skilled health care graduates, first responders and essential workers.
You can learn more about each college's activity by visiting its dedicated COVID-19 webpage: